When you combine Alexa with other home automation products, you can create a smart home that caters to your preferences and responds to the sound of your voice. Combining the voice control capabilities of Alexa with the remote temperature control of the Nest Thermostat gives you unprecedented control over your home climate.
With the dual power of Nest + Alexa, you can adjust the temperature without so much as pulling out your phone to open the Nest app. You just have to say, “Alexa, set my bedroom temperature to 68 degrees” and you can increase your comfort level from wherever you’re sitting.
Setting up the Nest connection to Alexa is simple:
First, make sure that you have downloaded both the Alexa app and the Nest Thermostat app on your smart phone.
Second, select “Get More Smart Home Skills” from the dropdown menu in the Alexa App.
Third, search skills for the Nest Thermostat and click “enable skill.”
Finally, start using voice commands to set your home to the perfect temperature!
Examples of things you can say to Alexa after you’ve connected it to Nest:
- “Alexa, what is the temperature in the kitchen set to?”
- “Alexa, set the temperature in the kid’s room to 70 degrees.”
- “Alexa, turn the living room temperature up two degrees.”
- “Alexa, tell the thermostat that I’m too hot.”
- “Alexa, turn on the fan for 15 minutes.”
- “Alexa, tell the thermostat that I’m leaving.”
- “Alexa, what is the humidity?”
Don’t have a Nest Thermostat? For a limited time, Bonfe is offering a free Nest Thermostat and two Nest Protects with the purchase of any Bonfe air conditioner ($600 installed value)! Visit www.bonfe.com/nest for more information and to get a quote.