It’s that time of year again—cold weather is just around the corner. Is your furnace ready for another winter?
You’re probably familiar with professional furnace checks but do you really know what’s involved?
What’s involved in a furnace tune-up?
A check involves over 20 technical steps. Here are two of the most important ones:
- Your furnace filter: If you don’t change your filter roughly every month, dirt will collect in your furnace. When this happens, your furnace can’t move as much warm air into your home as it should. Don’t know how to change your furnace filter? Learn how here.
- Carbon monoxide leaks: Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly. It can get into your home when your furnace’s flame isn’t adjusted correctly or when there is a crack in your heat exchanger. Both your flame and your exchanger need to be inspected.
Why is a furnace tune-up important?
Fact: a furnace’s lifetime is based on how properly it’s installed. It’s even more important than the brand you choose.
According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the majority of HVAC installs performed below rated energy-efficiency levels due to improper installation resulting in a 30% increase in energy use over what it should be.
Selecting, sizing and installation of HVAC equipment according to industry-recognized procedures is critical to ensuring energy efficiency and longevity.
At Bonfe, we want to keep you and your family safe and comfortable. Checking in on the parts of your house that keeps you just that is our job and our passion.
Getting your furnace tune-up will:
- Prevent inconvenient breakdowns
- Increase efficiency of the furnace
- Guarantees that your heating system will operate safely
- Extend the lifespan of your furnace
- Reduce heating costs
- Keep your air clean
Your furnace works hard all winter to keep you warm. Be comfortable and be safe. Have your furnace professionally checked. Contact us today.