It knows when you are sleeping, it knows when you’re awake, it knows when you come home from work and what time you like to start your day. No, it’s not Santa Clause—it’s the Nest thermostat, now available from Bonfe. The Nest Learning Thermostat uses smart technology to observe and adapt to your family’s habits in order to make your home as comfortable and energy efficient as possible. Your thermostat dictates over half your energy bill. With Nest, your thermostat actively works to help you save energy. Nest saves an average of 10-12% on heating and 15% on cooling annually, meaning that in just two years it pays for itself.
Here are some of the features that have allowed Nest to save homeowners over 4 billion kilowatts of energy worldwide:
- After just one week of use, Nest learns your habits and programs itself. Like the house to be cooler at night? Nest will turn down the temperature when you head to bed.
- Nest uses sensors and your phone’s location to tell when you leave the house, and then switches into Auto-Away mode to save energy while you’re gone.
- You can control your thermostat from anywhere using the Nest app. Your kids texted you that they’re heading home from school? You can tell Nest to turn up the temp so they’re welcomed home by a warm house.
- Daily Energy History and monthly Home Report allow you to track how much energy you use every day, how much you’ve saved, and how you can save more.
- The Safety Temperatures feature will send an alert to your phone if your home becomes overly hot or cold. If extreme low temperatures cause your home temp to drop while you’re away, risking frozen pipes, Nest will automatically start heating and will send you another alert when temperatures have returned to normal.
- Sunblock senses when direct sunlight is elevating the temperature inside your home and automatically adjusts so that your homer remains at your ideal temperature level.
- Cool to Dry moderates humidity levels in your home. If humidity is high, the AC will kick in to reduce humidity levels, even while you’re away.
- Early On monitors what time you wake up in the morning so that you wake up to a perfectly warm (or cool) house—whatever your personal preferences are.
- Changing your air filters regularly is part of keeping up with maintenance so that your heating and cooling systems can perform their best. Nest’s Filter Reminders will make sure you always remember, based on how long and how much your system has been running.
- The Nest Learning Thermostat automatically syncs with other Nest products, such as the Nest Cam security system and Nest Protect, the smart smoke and CO alarm that informs you where danger is before it becomes a serious problem and will automatically turn off your furnace or fan to minimize the danger. Control each of your Nest products right from your phone with the Nest app.
2 thoughts on “Introducing: The Nest Learning Thermostat”
Great post! I think that if someone is hesitant to buy, your quick fact in the beginning should sell them. It learns your habits in a week. What other device do you have in your home that does that? Thanks for sharing!
I’m glad you liked the post, Eric!
Comments are closed.