Benefits of LED Landscape Lighting

LED lights have numerous benefits that have made them an increasingly popular lighting choice for homeowners, both indoors and out. There are as many benefits to choosing LED bulbs for your landscape lighting as there are for your interior lighting—and then some.

For one thing, LED bulbs have a much longer lifespan than traditional fluorescent light bulbs. An LED bulb will emit light for 11 years of continuous operation. In fact, LEDs never really burn out at all, they simply emit lower and lower levels of light over a longer period of time.

LED lights are also much more energy efficient, converting 80-90% of electricity into light, compared to only 20% by standard lights (the other 80% is lost in the form of heat). Translated into cost, an $80 energy bill with traditional bulbs would only be $20 with LED lights. If you’re going to have spotlights illuminating your home all night long, those savings will add up.

In addition to these benefits shared between indoor and outdoor LED use, LED lights have several benefits specific to landscape lighting.

Benefits of LED Landscape Lighting

Durability. LED bulbs are built with sturdy components capable of withstanding rough outdoor conditions, including shocks, vibrations, and impacts. This makes them a great option for landscape lighting that will be exposed to the elements, including wind, rain, and snow.

Low ecological impact. 100% recyclable and lacking in any toxic materials, LED lights have a much lower carbon footprint than traditional lights. No need to worry about the negative effects of planting LED bulbs in your lawn.

No UV emissions. No UVs means that LEDs are safe for use illuminating sensitive materials such as items in museums or galleries, or materials that are sensitive to heat. It also means that they are less apt to attract insects that are drawn in by the UV emissions from halogen bulbs, so you won’t have to worry about moths crashing your next patio party.

Visibility. The first LED lights emitted only a weak glow. Today’s LEDs come in a variety of intensities and even hues. High-intensity LED lights provide much better illumination for tricky pathways or stairs.

Temperature resistance. LED lights function equally well in cold and hot temperatures, whereas the operation of standard fluorescent bulbs may be impaired by extreme temperature variations.

Font Resize
Contrast